In-pipe Heat Exchanger
Wastewater contains thermal energy which can be recovered. The HUBER ThermWin® system is designed to withdraw sewage from the sewer, screen it, pump it through above-ground Heat Exchangers to recover the energy, and then return it back into the sewer.
Because our Heat Exchanger will be installed above-ground instead of a direct sewer installation, there are several benefits regarding installation and maintenance effort.
Due to the modular design the Heat Exchanger can be customized for any project size. Dependant on it’s size, this system may generate some hundreds kilowatts of “green” heating power in connection whth a heat pump.
Find out more
The use of a HUBER TubeWin Heat Exchanger represents a sustainable and reliable solution of heat recovery from wastewater.
- Flat and robust design
- Modular design
- Low pressure loss
- Minimised sewer cross section narrowing
- Suitable to be used for sewers as small as DN 1000 and for any sewer profile
- Heating and cooling
- Adaptable to different sewer shapes
- Completely made of V4A stainless steel
- Climate-friendly due to CO2 reduction