Vertical Screw Conveyors
Dutch Spiral manufacture a wide range of standard and custom built vertical screw conveyors in a wide range of diameters, lengths and materials to suit most applications.
Spiral conveyors are developed and designed for efficient and effective transportation of a variety of materials such as wet, stringy or sticky materials. The main advantage of installing spiral conveyors is having maximum reliability and minimal maintenance.
Spirals have no shaft and this prevents material built up. Our fully sealed lids minimise odour nuisance. Rotations of the spiral are kept to a maximum of 30 rpm which results in low wear and abrasion due to the rotational speed.
The shaftless spiral is directly connected to the gearbox. This gives great advantages because the spiral is the only moving part which is in contact with the material.
Find out more
Our shaftless vertical conveyors have a special design and are specially made for inclinations of 30 to 90 degree.
The spirals weight is carried by a lining which covers the inside of the troughs. Depending on the type of transported material Dutch Spiral has range of different types of liners. This range has more than 15 different types from Ultra High Molecular Polyethylene with wear indication to high performance wear resistant steel. Our experts can help you chose the right material for the job.
Sizing and materials
We have over 800 different standard spirals changing the diameter and pitch to suit the application. This helps us to be flexible in making custom solutions, but also in replacing existing spare parts. Our standard spirals are made of a special hard wearing steel, but are also available in Stainless steel 304 and 316 variations.
Our troughs can be made out of Stainless steel 304 and 316, Carbon steel or Hot-Dipped Galvanized.
Dutch Spiral’s vertical shaftless screw conveyors provide many advantages over traditional belt and roller types including:
- Totally enclosed to contain odours, dusts and spillages and eliminate WHS issues
- Suitable for conveying a wide range of materials and moisture contents, including wet screenings, sludge’s and waste materials
- Able to convey foreign objects and lumpy material
- Compact size – ideal where space is limited
- Wide capacity range
- Long life expectancy and very low maintenance costs
- Diameters from 80mm to 700mm @ numerous diameter:pitch ratios
- Materials including Steel and various grades of Stainless Steel
- Geometry’s including single, double and triple flight (reinforced available)
- Numerous configurations are available including